This recipe can be modified by whatever veggies or left overs you have available, so feel free to experiment!
2 C cooked rice
2 Tbl oil
½ onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 C corn
1 C black beans
1 can enchilada sauce (we are using mild green)
1 Tbl garlic granules
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp Mexican oregano
1 C shredded cheese
Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add your garlic, onion, and bell pepper.
- Cook stirring, frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, corn, black beans, enchilada sauce, 1 tbsp. cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and Mexican oregano until well combined and heated throughout.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Top with shredded cheese, cover until cheese has melted or pop it under the broiler.
- Garnish with the other 1 tbsp. of cilantro!